The purpose of medication management services is to allow the individuals who participate to benefit from medication treatments while seeking to eliminate potential harm that can come from the use of medications.
The general scope of medication services provided includes:
- Storage of medications either at Genoa, our on-site pharmacy, or within residential program facilities
- Prescribing of medications by medical staff
- Dispensing of medications by Genoa or a community pharmacy
- Monitoring of clients as they self-administer their medications
- Administration of injectable medications by medical staff