SWIRCA & More and Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. have partnered to provide a support group for older adults.
The Aging Matters Discussion Group meets the first Wednesday of each month from 10:00a – 11:00a at SWIRCA & More (16 West Virginia Street, Evansville). It’s a confidential discussion group that discusses topics that pertain to mature adults focusing on mind, body and spirit. The group will discuss topics including family caregiving, motivation, medication, coping skills, and relaxation therapy.
Support Groups: Consultations are especially helpful to families when changes occur that require rethinking the future:
- Losses such as the death of a spouse or an impending divorce
- Catastrophic illness
- Cognitive decline, such as dementia
During the consultation session with the older adult and/or family members, the following issues may be discussed:
- The impact of the problem on the future of the older adult
- Options for planning an acceptable future for the older adult
- The effect of such plans on the family relationship
- The resources available within the family and the community for the older adult
Consultations are provided by a therapist.