Southwestern Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. is expanding its existing residential addiction programs at Stepping Stone to add a 10 bed residential program for pregnant women with substance use disorders. The new transitional residential program will be named Stepping Forward.
This structured 3-phase program provides 24-hour support and structured programming at a 10 single bedroom home where pregnant women live during their pregnancy and for up to six months after the birth of their child. Services provided through Stepping Forward include:
- Nursing Case Management Services that coordinate with Obstetric and Pediatric providers to assure the client and newborn have the medical care needed
- Case Management to assist with connecting to local resources, housing and discharge planning
- Skills training for prenatal and newborn care
- Medication Assisted Treatment as medically indicated through collaborating Obstetrician
- Parent Skills training
- Life Skills training in the areas of money management, job readiness, communication, relapse prevention, and others
- Individual and group therapy to address issues related to trauma, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, and other issues
- Family programming to include visitation and family therapy
- 24-hour support from our Recovery Assistants and Peer Recovery Specialists
- Connection to Recovery Meetings and Alumni
Our goal is to reduce incidence and impact of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome and to support ongoing recovery post pregnancy through the services of this program. This program is being funded in part by the 21st Century Cures Act that is administered by the Division of Mental Health and Addiction. Referrals to Stepping Forward are currently being accepted at 812.473.3144, option 2.